The primary function of this role is to provide expert-level support of Ericsson packet core nodes. Highly specialized in providing technical & proactive support to the customer network. Escalate & Liaise with Vendors & service providers for 4th line support until resolution. Support the provision of accurate reporting on the network to Ericsson teams, Vendors, and Customer, supplying technical/statistical data as required.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance, daily health checks and troubleshooting of all packet core and Enterprise data network service nodes (MME, MPG, PCRF, DNS ).
- Designing, trouble-shooting Core Network platforms and applications that provide Data services.
- Interacts with multiple Engineering, Operations & QA teams in designing robust network solutions.
- Define technical requirements for core network elements and work effectively solution teams in designing solutions on existing products.
- Support deployment of major hardware and software upgrades working with project team to ensure seamless operation as the network architecture evolves.
- Work with the Performance teams on assessing the performance and capacity of the platforms and drive corrective actions with stakeholders to resolve any identified degradation.
- Identifying improvements in processes, tools and products and establish good working relationship with support organization
- Experience working on any of the Packet core network elements such as PGW, PCRF, MME, SGW, DNS, AAA, HLR/HSS, DRA etc with vast use of protocol analyzers and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
- Perform required maintenance, expansion, and upgrade of H/W & S/W and troubleshoot on escalation.
- Integrate new network communication devices, topologies, hardware and protocols into existing network management systems on ongoing basis.
- Liaise with Network Engineers within the organization which includes MPLS unit, Charging Units and Radio Access Unit ensuring that all faults are resolved.
- Responsible for providing input to the planning to ensure robust design and redundancy, performance tracking and statistical KPI analysis for long term strategic evolution of the network.
- Maintain End to end internal Data security on the Packet Core / Enterprise Data Network.
- Continual Constructive criticism of existing infrastructure with visible plans for improvement.
- Ensure Key deliverables are met: MTTR, Availability.
- Document user support activity, such as system problems, corrective actions, resolution status and completed equipment installations.
- Interpret Customer’s Business Needs and Articulate/Demonstrate How Ericsson’s ICT Services Can Benefit the Customer and Address Their Needs.
- Troubleshooting Packet switching network, signaling, telecom standards and implementation and maintenance for IP Network & Packet Core equipment: PGW_SGW etc.
- Physical troubleshooting of Packet Core nodes and involved in changing specific hardware parts if any fault is developed
- 2nd level support for GPRS nodes from UE to the internet on the network.
- Strong understanding of general Packet Core solutions for 2G, 3G and LTE
- Knowledge of Packet Core Nodes like SGSN-MME, GGSN, PCRF, SGW/PGW
- Understanding of dimensioning guidelines for Packet Core Nodes
- GPRS, WCDMA, LTE Media and Signaling Interfaces (including 3GPP and non 3GPP)
- Strong knowledge of wireless technologies (call flow), related protocols and telecommunication standards like 3GPP
- Strong knowledge of Linux scripting.
Key personal traits
- Ability to multitask, and cope with a dynamic environment where priorities are constantly revised to keep pace with a highly competitive industry
- BSC/HND within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- Relevant certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MTA, MCSA etc is an added advantage.